The Monday blues got you down today? Maybe you wanted to sleep in when the alarm startled you awake. Maybe you hit the snooze button a few times, dreading starting a week with so many things to do. Whatever the reason may be you just need a little spark to get your mind into a happier state.
In the hustle bustle of today’s society we are often too caught up in the pressing issues facing us in the present moment as well as the things we need to accomplish in the future. Often this leads to a neglect of not taking a moment for ourselves. A moment that could change our mood and change the course of the rest of our day.
We all want to be happier in our lives. But if we don’t take a few moments to change our thoughts than how can we change our mood. Here are Three simple tricks to make you feel happier today:
Putting on a smile is the best thing you can wear. It shows the world that you are a wonderful person. Can’t naturally smile right now? What if I told you that you are beautiful? Yes you. You are a beautiful person.
Here are a few other ways to put a smile on your face:
- Think of your pet if you have one. That’s almost always guaranteed to put a smile on your face
- Reminisce about a past experience in your life that you really enjoyed
- Think about your goals and dreams that you have for your life
- Sing or hum one of your favorite songs
You get the idea. Think of something that makes you happy that will make you smile.
Laughter truly is the best medicine in changing our moods to a more positive nature. When we laugh we almost instantaneously feel happier. We all love to laugh so why not a take moment and make yourself laugh? Even just a chuckle is sufficient.
Here are a few ways to help you get the most out of that laughter:
- Watch a funny video on the internet
- Think of a hilarious moment that happened in the past
- Look at a few jokes that cater to your sense of humor
- Have someone tell you a funny story
The only key here is that you have to laugh. Because life is too short to be taken seriously all the time.
Love is what makes the world go round. It’s something that we can never have too much of. It’s important that we not only love others but love ourselves. Love brings warmth to the heart and gives life more meaning.
Here are a few ways to express love for the ones you care about most:
- Call or text someone you truly care about and just tell them you love them. It could be a significant other, a child, parents, siblings, friends
- Think of a couple things that someone did for you to show their love for you
- List a few things about you that you love about yourself. There are no wrong answers
- Just spend a few moments expressing gratitude for all of the wonderful people that you have in your life
Love brings so much joy into our lives and we should be grateful to have this emotion. Sure there might be some heartbreaks along the way but love has a way of mended those wounds and making us stronger because of it.
I hope that you have a wonderful and joyous day today and for the coming days. Life is a beautiful adventure and in essence the key to a successful life is happiness.